Thursday 17 October 2013

Blog Of The Month - October

This year, I'm dedicating one post each month to Blog Of The Month. This is where I feature a blog I'm enjoying reading. Some blogs will be new to me, others may be blogs I've been reading for a while. I hope that by doing this, I can introduce some of my readers to other, interesting blogs, though I know that some of you will already read the blogs I feature.

My Blog Of The Month for October is a little different to the ones I've featured previously as it's written by two people and covers a range of subjects. Jenny and Joe, a married couple who live in south-east Wales, write The Urban Cottage. They share their lives with four chickens, Lemon, Pepper, Fizzy and Frog and there are plenty of posts which are devoted to them.

The posts are always interesting whatever the subject, but I particularly like how each one is categorised so that if you're only interested in one aspect of the blog, you can easily bring up those particular posts by clicking on the categories in the sidebar, Crafts, Garden, Food, DIY and Chickens. There's also an About Us section if you're nosey like me and want to know more about them.

Jenny and Joe have lived in their house a little over a year, but they've devoted lots of time to the garden, which was overgrown, and are now reaping the rewards as they're harvesting their own veggies. They've also planted more fruit trees to grow alongside the plum, apple and pear trees that they inherited.

Do pop over and visit Jenny and Joe on their blog if you haven't already done so, it's such an interesting blog that you won't be disappointed. Don't forget to tell them that I sent you.

11 comments:

  1. Thanks Jo, a very pleasant surprise to find in my feed reader! I'm glad you like the blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another good 'un Jo :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really interesting read ahead of me this evening then! Thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think that I've looked at this blog before so I've bookmarked it to have a browse later. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Excellent choice, Jo! I came across Jenny and Joe's blog a short while ago (possibly through your blog comments!) and agree that it's a very good read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another blog to look out for, I shall be popping over.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo! I really like this blog too! I think it's so lovely how you feature a blog each month - the garden blogging community is something I didn't bargain for when I started my blog but has turned out to be the best part of it :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks like a lovely blog, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting blog, thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'll have to take a look as they are in my neck of the woods. Thanks for the tip off. :0

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds my kind of read! I shall go visit.xxxx

    ReplyDelete

 
!-- Start of StatCounter Code for Blogger / Blogspot -->