Yesterday saw the drainage pipe being laid. I say saw, I didn't actually see it, as I sent my hubby down there to do the hard work with the help of our next door plot neighbour who kindly volunteered his services. A trench of about 60 foot had to be dug down the side of our allotment, and a perforated drain pipe was laid into this. There is a beck running along the edge of the site and this is where the excess water will drain. The other plots on our site have already had this done, and it has made a huge difference.
Today I have potted on most of the seedlings from my last lot of sowing, as well as sowing lots more seed. Hubby has erected the mini plastic greenhouse which has now been installed inside the normal greenhouse. This gives the seedlings some added protection as my greenhouse isn't heated. I used this method last year with great success. It means that I can move some of the seedlings out into the greenhouse earlier that I would otherwise be able to, so some of the seedlings have been evicted from my windowsills today, just in time for other seedlings to take their place.
Next weekend I plan to take a trip to my local nursery and purchase some bedding plants. I've started buying them as plug plants and growing them on myself as it's quite economical, and less faffy than growing them from seed. It also means that I have more space to start off vegetable seed which is my main priority since having the allotment.