Friday 16 August 2013

Crimson Leaf Patio Peach Tree

Before I went on holiday, I was contacted by GardeningExpress.co.uk asking if I would like to review one of their products. I often receive these type of emails from companies, but I like to keep this blog devoted to gardening, so I mainly turn down these offers. This time, I looked at the Gardening Express website and liked what I saw, it's filled with all manner of different plants, and as it fits with the theme of my blog, I decided I would go ahead.

I looked at the wide range of plants on offer and decided that I really liked the look of the Crimson Leaf Patio Peach Tree. Its leaves are a beautiful colour, and the photo from the website made it look extremely attractive. It wasn't until Monday of this week that I emailed the company to let them know my choice.

Imagine my surprise when I came home today to a parcel waiting for me. It had been signed for by my daughter who was anxious to know what was inside.

It wasn't only my daughter who was interested, here's Archie trying to find out the contents of the parcel with his sense of smell. As you can see, it was very well packaged and I wasn't at all concerned about how the small tree had travelled as it was well protected.


I started by opening the top of the box and this is the sight which greeted me. Don't those leaves look beautiful, such a gorgeous colour.


There were a couple of notches in two corners of the box which prevented the tree from sliding about in transit. Once these had been taken care of, it was easy to slide the tree out of the box and this is how it came out, it still has the polythene wrapping around the pot.


Here it is in all it's glory with the polythene removed, isn't it gorgeous.


I wanted to get a close up of the leaves for you to show you just how stunning they are, they're such a gorgeous colour and the sun picks up on that colour beautifully.


The tree itself looks extremely healthy, it's covered in buds so I'm sure there's plenty of growth to come.


Patio trees are ideal for anyone short on garden space, like me, as they don't grow very tall yet they can still provide a worthwhile crop. I shall be waiting for my tree to present me with some delicious, juicy peaches but in the meantime, I will enjoy it for what it is, a thing of beauty.

As for GardeningExpress.co.uk, I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them. I emailed my choice of item to the company on Monday and it was delivered on Friday. The tree was well packaged and arrived in good condition and I'm extremely happy with the Crimson Leaf Patio Peach Tree.

I should just mention that the item was sent to me free of charge, but I have not been paid for writing this review.

26 comments:

  1. What a gorgeous tree. I love the colour of the leaves - hope it produces!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I thought it was quite unusual with leaves the colour they are. I'm looking forward to tasting the fruit now.

      Delete
  2. I was approached by this company too and agreed to review a product but my choice escallonia Apple Blossom was out of stock. I actually chose it months ago but I don't think the company was ready to start the review project so I now have to choose something else which is a shame as I had earmarked a spot in my sister's garden for the shrub.

    I hope your peach goes on to be productive

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure you'll be pleased with whatever you decide to choose. I'm looking forward to the day I can harvest some juicy peaches.

      Delete
  3. The leaves are a lovely colour. I have a patio peach though the leaves on that are just your standard green,not quite as exotic looking as yours I'm also pretty sure they can grow to about 6ft you know, I'm sure that's what it says on the label of mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really like this tree as it's ornamental as well as, hopefully, productive. This can, apparently, grow to a height of about 1.2 metres.

      Delete
  4. It's lovely. It will be interesting to see what colour the leaves turn in autumn. Will you be keeping it under cover during the winter? I've lost a couple of peaches in pots, and I'm wondering if it was because they didn't like the cold.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tree is supposed to be totally winter hardy, but I may move it in to the greenhouse just to be on the safe side.

      Delete
    2. I had some lemon trees that were labelled "winter hardy in the UK" but over several winters, even with fleece protection, they gradually keeled over. I rescued the last tree, (they were all in pots), repotted it and brought it inside where it lives behind glass on the stairwell outside my flat. I think erring on the safe side is a v good idea!

      Delete
    3. I think plants grown in pots are more susceptible to problems in winter than those grown in the ground, so I think it is probably wise to give it whatever help is available to stay well. The greenhouse and fleece is probably a very good idea.

      Delete
  5. It seems that you made a good choice here with both the company and product.
    As you say it's a wonderful looking tree and it'll be interesting to see how it fares. Flighty xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was really impressed with the company, especially the speed of delivery and how well packaged the tree was. I can sit back now and wait for my peach harvest.

      Delete
  6. That is an amazing tree... Love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love the colour of the leaves, that's what drew me to it. It's perfect for the patio, compact but good looking and it will hopefully, supply me with a peach or two.

      Delete
  7. Oh....what a delightful little tree. I totally agree, the leaves are a wonderful colour.

    It's great when things are packaged properly, so many times I've received plants that have been battered about and arrive half dead and dried out.

    And just think....peaches! mmmmm xxxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This tree is ideal for my garden, or any garden, where space is an issue. It fits in really well, and as the leaves are so beautiful, it's ornamental too. I'm looking forward to having my own peaches to pick.

      Delete
  8. That is a pretty tree. I've never ordered plants on-line before but after reading your recommendation I think I'kk take a look. Amanda x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think it's becoming more common to order most things on line these days, and that includes plants. I don't often order plants this way, I must admit, but I probably will do in the future.

      Delete
    2. We wrap our fruit tree pots in bubblewrap over winter

      Delete
    3. Bubblewrap is a good idea. I usually use fleece for winter protection but it's not always successful.

      Delete
    4. What a happy and healthy looking specimen Jo. Hope that it flourishes for you and that you enjoy a crop of juicy peaches before long.

      Delete
    5. I'm really pleased with it. I'm sure it will flourish, I'm looking forward to seeing if it produces a crop of peaches, I'll keep you posted.

      Delete
  9. Looks smashing :) I love how pretty the leaves are as well as hopefully providing you with a good harvest.

    the-urban-cottage.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's certainly attractive. Even if it doesn't produce any peaches, it's a lovely addition to the garden.

      Delete
  10. Lovely choice of product to review! As you know, I chose Bay Trees :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was torn between this and the bay trees, I'd have been happy with either. In fact, it was very hard to choose as there's some great products on the website.

      Delete

 
!-- Start of StatCounter Code for Blogger / Blogspot -->